PDF: Portable Document Format
PDF is a file format used to present documents in a special manner. It is independent of application software, hardware and operating system (also called machine independent). PDF was developed in the early 1990’s to view document as an electronic image. It was developed and controlled by Adobe Systems.
Benefits for using PDF
1) Provides true mobility and portability: PDF facilitates mobility and portability. You can read an PDF file anywhere just by the use of free tools like Adobe acrobat reader.
2) Preserves all visual elements: If you create any visual effect in your document and want to convert your document in PDF then all your texts, graphics and images which you created in your document (for example: ms word ) can be converted easily.
3) Highly securable: PDF provides an easy and secure approach for data transmission and sharing through emails. You can also customize the level of user access.
4) Supports interactive functions: PDF can also integrate interactive forms which can perform importing and exporting of data as requested.
5) Allow file compression: You can compress your raw data file with no loss in quality. It can make data sharing faster.