Organizing your iPhone favorite contacts is one of the new features in iOS 10. You can also access them quickly with the new widget system introduced in the update. Imagine you are in a hurry and you want to call your nearest person. Searching for that particular contact will lead to more anxiety. iPhone comes with a rescue solution of having to set those contact as your favorite so that you can access it easily. All you need to do is just tap on the name from the Favorites list, and the call will be initiated. To know how to add favorites, re-arrange them and delete the contacts from the Favorites, you need to follow the steps below.
Adding iPhone Favorite Contacts:-
In order to select a contact as your favorite, make sure the contact is already added in your list of contacts. If not add them to your contacts. Once the person you want to make a favorite is in your Contacts, add them to your Favorites list by following these steps:
- Tap on the Phone icon.
- Tap Favorites at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the ‘+’ at the top of the screen.
- Your full Contacts list appears.
- Scroll through the list and tap on the contact that you want to be added as your favorite.
- A menu will pop up and from that you can choose what action needs to be done with your favorite contact like Message, Call, Video and Mail.
- That contact with name and phone number are now listed in your Favorites menu.
- You can now return to the Phone app and tap Favorites at the bottom of the screen. Under the person’s name is a note indicating the contact method you chose.
Re-arranging the iPhone Favorite Contacts:-
If you want to change the order of your favorite contacts to your preference, all you need to do is follow these.
- Tap the Phone app icon.
- Tap Favorites icon at the bottom left corner.
- On the top left corner, click on the Edit button.
- Tap and hold lightly the three-line icon next to each Favorite so that the favorite hovers above the rest of the list.
- You can now drag the movable contact to the new order you want it to have on the list and drop it there.
- When your Favorites are arranged in the way you want, do tap Done in the top left to save the new order and your new order is done.
Deleting iPhone Favorites:-
If you have added a contact by mistake or you want to delete a contact from your Favorites, follow these steps below.
- Tap on the Phone app icon.
- Click on the Favorites icon.
- Tap on the Edit button in the top right corner.
- A red circle icon with a minus sign will appear next to each favorite in the list.
- Tap on that red icon next to the Favorite you want to delete.
- On the prompt Delete button, tap on it for the contact to be removed from the Favorites.
- And now you are looking at your newly updated Favorites list.
- Only the Favorite is deleted. The contact will remain intact in your list of contacts.
Adding Favorites is one of the fastest convenient method to place a call or text any of your dear ones at the time of urgency. This is a simple step and can be done within few minutes. Hope these points help you in setting your favorite contacts for your convenience.