What is the full form of MRI
MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging
MRI is an imaging technique used to display the internal structures of the body in details, more clearer than X-Ray.
It is also called NMRI (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging) or MRT ( magnetic resonance tomography). It uses radiology to investigate the anatomy and physiology of body. MRI scanners use strong magnetic fields and radio waves to form images of human body.
click here – Is Your Android Running Slower Than Normal? Here Are Some Tips
When to use MRI
There are a wide range of applications of MRI in medical diagnosis. It is used to detect diseases very accurately from a human body. It can be used to diagnose:
- Brain Tumors.
- Trauma to the head or brain.
- Spine problems.
- Heart problems and strokes.
- Joints and bones.
- Abnormalities of brain and spinal cord.
- Liver and other abdominal diseases.
- Uterine abnormalities in women.
Difference between MRI Scan and CT Scan
CT Scan stands for Computed Tomography Scan. The difference between MRI and CT scan are listed below:
click here – Block Unwanted Websites on Your Android Phone or Tablet
- MRI Scan provides more superior images of internal body parts than CT Scan.
- MRI doesn’t expose potentially harmful radiation to either patient or technician while CT Scan still have this risk.
- The cost of MRI Scan is higher than CT Scan.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FactorsWeb
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FeatureBuddies
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FeedAtlas