MBA: Master of Business Administration
MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. It is a postgraduate degree in business administration. This is a very popular postgraduate program for the students who want to make their career in business management. Globalization is also responsible for the popularity of this course. Nowadays there is a great demand for MBA professionals in multi-national companies. You must have a graduation degree to take admission in a MBA course.
The MBA degree originated in the USA in the late 19th century. The first business school was the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College in the USA, founded in 1900.
Specialized streams in MBA
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations management
- International Business
- Rural Management
- Agri-Business management
- Health care management
The MBA students generally study the theory and applications of business and management principles that equips students with knowledge that can be applied to real world situations and business industries.
Different types of MBA courses
There are several different types of MBA programs offered by universities in many countries,:- some of which are as follows:
- MBA (Full time)
- MBA (Part time)
- Accelerated MBA
- PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management)
- Modular MBA
- Executive MBA
- Distance MBA
MBA dual degree programs: This program combines a MBA with other courses to reduce costs and time of the students.
Mini MBA: It is a 100 hour training offered as non-credit bearing courses. It is provided to focus on the fundamentals of business.
Top MBA Colleges in India:
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
- XLRI: Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
- IMT: Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad