BPO : Business Process Outsourcing
BPO stands for Business process outsourcing. It is a contract of a company to an outside provider of services or business processes. It is a cost-saving measure that allows companies to outsource the non-core tasks.
This may include manufacturing or back-office functions such as accounting, data entry and human resources. It also includes front-end services like customer care and technical support. Thus, BPO services can be divided into back office outsourcing and front office outsourcing.
There are three types of BPO options which are given below:
- Onshore outsourcing: It is also known as domestic outsourcing. It refers to obtaining BPO services from someone within the same country.
- Nearshore outsourcing: It refers to obtaining BPO services from someone in the neighboring countries.
- Offshore outsourcing: It refers to obtaining BPO services from an external organization in another country except the neighboring countries.
Need of outsourcing
The major and the most important reason for which outsourcing is implemented, is a significant and massive cost reduction. It reduces the cost of the tasks that a company requires.
Let’s see a list of BPO benefits:
- Focus on core business
- Reduced overhead
- Outside expertise
- Efficient and cost reducing
- Increase company flexibility
- Increase in revenue etc.
Difference between BPO and Call Center
BPO is an organization which is responsible for performing a process of another business organization. It is used to save the cost or gain the productivity. On the other hand, Call center is a part of client’s business. It involves handling telephone calls. It is used to solve customer’s complaints and requests over telephone calls.