Data loss from a USB flash drive is unavoidable and can bother you to great extent, especially at the workplace. There are several common reasons, like cybercrime, hardware, or software breakdown, that cause data loss from your device. Sometimes, data deletion may occur by accident or hard drive failure. Whatever is the cause of your data loss, it is important to apply proper data recovery solutions to get your data back.
There are several manual methods that you can apply to recover data from a USB Flash drive. But it is not sure, whether these methods can provide you with the desired result. To avoid such a situation, you can use free USB flash drive recovery software. These softwares can help you in recovering data from your flash drive. Here are five popular USB flash drive recovery software with powerful and intuitive retrieval programs to recover your data.
What Causes Data Loss From USB Flash Drive?
Before applying any data recovery method, it is important to find the exact cause of the data loss. Given below are some major culprits for the damage to your USB flash drive:
- Sudden power failure when the flash drive is connected to the USB port.
- You might have removed the USB flash drive improperly.
- Any sort of malware or ransomware attacks.
- Human Error, like mistakenly deleting data from the flash drive.
- Formatting your USB Flash drive.
- Some data became inaccessible after converting the file system into RAW data.
Important Tips to Consider While Choosing Any USB Flash Drive Recovery Software
Before you pick any software from the list of the top 5 free USB flash drive recovery software, consider some important points. You should check whether your software fulfills these criteria or not. These features include:
- Flexibility: Before selecting any data recovery tool, you must check its flexibility. Make sure the software you are selecting recovers multiple data losses and different types of data. If your software is flexible, it can solve any type of issue of data loss in your USB flash drive.
- Features: Software that recovers deleted files from flash drive must be capable of offering multiple features. Reliable features like file formatting and file retrieval systems can help you in recovering data easily.
- User reviews: One important place to find general reviews about any software is the online community. Users using any software usually give an honest opinion about it mentioning whether it worked for them. You can check the reviews of the data recovery solutions that you need to use.
The above points will help you easily choose the most reliable flash drive recovery software. Checking the reviews of the software that you’ve chosen can help you in knowing the software in a better way.
05 Free USB Flash Drive Recovery Software
In this section, we have mentioned some popular Windows recovery software that you can use for recovering data from a USB flash drive.
1: Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery is a well-known data recovery software that recovers lost or deleted data from any Windows device. This tool is mainly known for its flexibility as it offers up to 100% data recovery. Apart from restoring file partitions, it also offers security and privacy to prevent your data from unauthorized access. It also detects the issues in your USB flash drives. In this way, it saves your time of doing a full system scan and recovering accidentally deleted files.
By supporting different file types, Stellar Data Recovery software recovers data lost from external and internal storage devices. It allows you to recover data deleted or lost from hard drives, flash drives, memory cards, CDs, and DVDs. You can recover up to 1 GB of data free of cost using this software.
The compatibility of the Stellar Data Recovery Standard tool with the Windows or Mac systems makes the task of data recovery overall easy. Go through the following steps to know how Stellar free data recovery software works:
- Step 1: Select the type of data that you need to recover and then click the “Next” button.
- Step 2: Now, select the location or drive volume from where you need to recover data. Click the “Scan” button.
- Step 3: Preview and select the files. Click the “Save” button to save the recovered files at the desired location.
- Supports data recovery from almost all types of HDD and SSDs.
- Recovers all types of files, including DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PDF, MP3, MP4, JPG, and many more.
- Restore multiple sets of data simultaneously.
- You can recover data even if the files are encrypted, archived, hidden, or compressed.
It is a super flexible free data recovery tool that allows you to recover an unlimited amount of data from your device. You can use Recuva to recover lost music files, emails, photos, and other types of data loss.
The deep scan feature of this software digs deeper into your device to detect if there is any data loss. It also helps you in easily search for the file that you can recover. On top of that, the straightforward user interface of Recuva software makes you easily navigate through it.
Last but not least, the software allows you to preview files before recovery and provides all important details, like headers.
- Efficient software to recover missing or corrupted files.
- Allows you to preview files before initiating the Scan operation.
- Recovers multiple image and text formats, including XML, TXT, LOG, CSS, BAT, etc.
- The software has limited features.
- Display YouTube-like ads every 3 minutes.
click here – 4 Ways to Optimize Your Online Content
3: UnDeleteMyFiles Pro
UnDeleteMyFiles Pro is a free deleted file recovery software that comes in a freeware app and is used for commercial purposes. The software is loaded with several advanced features and easily recovers files on the Windows system.
Despite being completely free, the software comes with additional extra disk tools that ease the data recovery process. The software is capable of recovering Windows files of multiple formats, including Excel, Word, or Powerpoint documents.
Undelete 360 supports multiple formatted drives, including FAT, exFAT, NTFS, HFS+, etc. Nevertheless, it can fully meet your requirements to recover data and offer maximum protection. Here are the notable Pros and Cons of Undelete Data Recovery:
- The software allows you to search files by their name.
- Well-designed and easy user interface.
- Provides extensive features including Disk snapshot and Filtered search.
- You may observe the absence of file quality.
- Lack of updates.
PhotoRec is a free and open-source freeware app that can help you to recover any data type on any storage device. This software supports about 400 file formats. You can easily recover lost files including video, documents, and archives from USB flash drives, hard disks, CD-ROMs, and other storage devices.
Considering safety in this digital era, PhotoRec uses read-only access to handle the drive or memory card to recover lost data. With PhotoRec, you can recover your lost data on the same directory it is run from.
- PhotoRec supports more than 400 file formats.
- Utilizes multiple built-in features to smoothen the recovery process.
- Scanning speed as fast as lightning
- Beginners found it quite difficult to use.
- Doesn’t preview files before restoring them.
5: Undelete 360
Undelete 360 is a free data recovery software that offers well-established USB flash drive recovery services. You can easily recover lost or corrupted files using this software. The software can recover files from recycle bin of your computer, USB flash drives, SD cards, or any other storage device. You can use the free trial version of Undelete 360 software to recover a limited size of files. This Windows recovery software is known for its advanced scan feature, Hex filter, and Preview of files.
The only feature that makes Undelete 360 a unique software is that it allows you to recover your Windows files quickly. You can recover Excel, PowerPoint, and document files and thats too within minutes.
- You can use the demo version of this software to recover a limited size of data along with some features.
- You can preview files before restoring them.
- Features like Hex viewer support and Filtered search distinguish software from its competitors.
- Outdated user interfaces make it more difficult for users to identify the recovered files.
- Does not support Mac devices
It is not easy to have reliable USB Flash Drive Recovery software to prevent you from data loss. You need to check some important points, like the review, features, and functionalities of any data recovery software before using it. Always select the tool that supports memory cards, SD cards, external hard drives, along with USB flash drives. We have mentioned the Top 5 free USB Flash drive recovery software that you can use to get your data back. These tools allow you to restore erased data due to any cause. More importantly, you can take advantage of one of these tools to restore files of any format on your system.