A conditioner is the next logical step to proper hair cleansing. While shampoo is specifically formulated to clean the scalp and hair of dirt, grime, sweat, dead skin cells, a conditioner makes hair soft, stronger, and shiny. The trouble is that most chemically enriched shampoos can turn out to be harsh on the follicles, stripping the scalp’s essential oil. Besides, only using shampoo can leave hair dry and looking unhealthy. A good hair conditioner for women can pump much-needed moisture to the follicles. Conditioners have humectants and essentials to make hair manageable and soft. These thickening agents keep the hair feel fuller, and their protein content binds the split ends together.
Here are some benefits of using a hair conditioner for women and men
Conditioners add a protective coating to the cuticle, allowing the production of new hair cells. Pollution, dust, grime can affect the cuticle or outside lining and damage it. A good hair conditioner acts as a nourishing and hydrating agent to the hair follicles.
Other benefits of using a good-quality hair conditioner for women (or men) include:
- Detangles hair
- Increases shine
- Prevents frizz
- Nourishes hair
- Offer moisturization to the hair cuticle
How to choose the right hair conditioner for women?
The overwhelming part of choosing the right conditioner for your hair is that each formulation is dedicated to different hair concerns. So, whether you want to add volume, thickness, and a glowing shine to your hair, the choices are plenty.
So, which is the right conditioner you should try today to get stronger hair? We recommend you choose a trustworthy brand to get natural hair essentials- and one such brand is Mamaearth. Its hair conditioners are packed with the Goodness of Nature and hydrating ingredients to help moisturize, detangle, and de-frizz unmanageable hair.
Let’s discuss some of their best sellers range
- No More Tangles Conditioner: Hair tangling calls for an extra moisturization, experts say. Mamaearth’s No More Tangle conditioner is packed with essential nourishing agents to give your mane a soft and silky texture. If you use it regularly, you can experience visible changes in your hair texture within the first wash.
- Onion Conditioner: Formulated with onion, coconut, almond oil, Mamaearth’s Onion haircare range is widely popular in India. This safe and gentle hair conditioner is a bucket full of Omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, Vitamin E, and magnesium to strengthen hair and ward off hair loss. It’s a must-have conditioner for nourishing brittle hair.
- Rice Water Conditioner: When it comes to hair care, the ingredients in Indian kitchens are backed upon for some good reasons. One of the best ingredients used in the Far East is fermented rice water for black-long hair that remains silky on touch.
Hair Conditioner for women and men helps restore hydration to the hair. Infused along with Keratin, it remains extremely hydrating and gets your dull and damaged hair back to health. All the good reasons it has to be your favorite among others!
- Argan Conditioner: If dull and frizzy hair has kept you from being social, it is time you should pick Mamaearth Argan Oil Conditioner. It is a powerhouse of antioxidants packed with vitamin E that helps restore the hair’s natural elasticity.
While a chemically-enriched shampoo can wipe off the scalp’s essential moisture and oils, this conditioner can restore the lost moisture to the scalp. For best results, we recommend using it with the best oil for hair fall if you have extremely brittle hair that breaks easily.
How to apply a hair conditioner?
Dry and damaged hair is static and devoid of nourishment. A good hair conditioner for women is packed with nourishing ingredients that gently moisturize and strengthen the roots, thus helping the hair be stronger. Using a hair conditioner the right way can make a big difference to the quality of your hair.
Here is how to wash your hair with a safe and natural hair conditioner for women:-
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Rinse it well.
- Use a generous amount of conditioner or as instructed on the bottle.
- Smear it evenly on the ends of your hair. For long hair, spread it from top to bottom. Don’t use conditioner on your scalp.
- Run your fingers or a wide-tooth comb through the ends of your hair to work in the conditioner.
- Allow it to stay for 5 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse off the conditioner
Who should use a conditioner?
Anyone can use a hair conditioner after the first step to hair cleansing. While your scalp produces its natural conditioner called sebum, most shampoos strip the essential oils along with. So, especially if you have dry and damaged hair, you should use a natural and nourishing hair conditioner for women.
Several factors like genetics, diet, weather, pollution, hair styling agents, heating tools, and sun exposure can critically affect the shine of your crowning glory. Even if you don’t blow dry or curl your hair much often, daily wear and tear can damage hair shafts, making hair dull and frizzy. You should always back your shampoo with the best oil for hair fall or other hair concerns, as the need be.
How can you tell if you’re over conditioning?
While a conditioner can be a host of benefits for dull hair, it is still possible that you are overdoing it and harming your hair.
- Oily or greasy scalp
- Lack of volume
- Too much shine or glossiness
- Difficulty in applying heat to your hair or using heating tools
If you experience any of these signs, know that you are using way too much conditioner. Know what works the best for your hair to get the right balance of shine, volume, and smoothness. Generally, those with oily hair should condition twice or thrice a week but if you have curly or dry hair, abstain from conditioning frequently.
A hair conditioner makes the backbone of a hair care regimen. It detangles the hair and makes it look healthy and lustrous. A conditioner for women refortifies the follicles with a protective layer, allowing the hair to keep growing and not break easily. In the wake of finding the right conditioner for your hair, don’t get overwhelming/
We thus recommend you try Mamaearth’s haircare range. It is Asia’s first Made Safe Certified® brand to curate products free from toxins, Parabens, Phthalates, Mineral Oils, and Sulfates. So, include Mamaearth Hair Conditioners in your hair care regimen and show off your gorgeous tresses!