What is the full form of COMPUTER
Computer is not an acronym, it is a word derived from a word “compute” which means to calculate. So, in simple words you can say that computer is an electronic device which is used for fast calculation.
Some people say that COMPUTER stands for Common Operating Machine Purposely Used for Technological and Educational Research. It is only a myth because first this definition does not make any sense and second when the computer were invented they were just calculating machines which needs a lot of space for establishment.
“A computer is a general purpose electronic device that is used to perform arithmetic and logical operations automatically. A computer consists of a central processing unit and some form of memory.”
click here – What is the full form of CTC
- COMPUTER = Arithmetical Logical Unit (ALU) + Control Unit (CU)
ALU: Arithmetic Logical Unit is used to carry out arithmetic and logical operation.
CU: Control unit is used to change the order of operations in response to stored information.
Categorization on the basis of technology
- Digital Computer
- Analog Computer
- Hybrid Computer
click here – What is the full form of CGPA
Categorization on the basis of generation
- First generation computers: (1940-1956) based on Vacuum tubes.
- Second generation computers: (1956-1963) based on Transistors
- Third generation computers: (1964-1971) based on Integrated Circuits
- Forth generation computers: (1971- Present) Based on Microprocessors
- Fifth generation computers: (Present and Beyond) based on Artificial Intelligence
There are many types of computers available on the basis of their working areas: Super computer, work frames, personal computer, desktops, laptops, palmtops etc.