Easy Ways to Check Bike Insurance Expiry Date Online
Buying a bike or any other vehicle needs proper planning, research, and investment. As vehicle owners, we tend to choose the best vehicle that serves our purpose and fits our budget. Naturally, so much effort, time, and money invested in buying one vehicle make it a prized possession for anyone. Whenever a person buys a bike, he or she also needs to buy bike insurance to be allowed to run that bike on the Indian roads. The tiresome process of buying a bike insurance has now been simplified with almost all the insurers offering hassle-free Bike insurance online. However, if you miss out on the expiry date of the bike insurance, you are back to square one again.
In this post, we aim to help you understand the easy ways to check bike insurance expiry dates online. So, that you enjoy riding your bike without any worries of your insurance lapsing due to missing out on expiry dates.
click here – 3 Great Ideas to Help Improve Your Business
What happens if you forget the Bike Insurance Expiry Date?
Buying a bike may be a one-time thing, but buying bike insurance needs time-to-time renewal so that the policy doesn’t lapse. In order to maintain the validity of the bike insurance, you must check on its expiry date and renew it before that date. You will otherwise fail to enjoy the coverage of your bike insurance policy unless you renew it again. Moreover, sometimes there is a late renewal fee imposed by some insurers if you forget to renew the policy within the expiry date.
Three Simple Ways to Check Bike Insurance Expiry Date Online
The best way not to forget the bike insurance expiry date is by checking it online in the comfort of your home with utmost convenience. Let us acquaint you with how to check the bike insurance expiry date online in three different ways:
1. Check Insurer’s Official Website: Checking bike insurance expiry date online is as simple as buying bike insurance online from any reputed insurer. For this, you can simply log in to the official website of the insurer. Some of the common steps to be followed for this way of checking bike insurance online are:
- Log in to the official website.
- Enter your bike registration number
- Click on the appropriate options to check the bike insurance expiry date online.
2. Check on VAHAN Website: Likewise, feel free to check the bike insurance expiry date on the VAHAN website of the Ministry of Road and Transport. This official website of the department maintains the records of all the insurance policies for vehicles running on the Indian roads. For this you need to follow these steps:
- First, log in to the VAHAN website.
- Click on the ‘Know Your Details’ tab on the menu tab.
- Enter the details of your bike or vehicle along with the verification code.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Search Vehicle’ option.
- You will now see the bike insurance policy details along with the expiry date under the column ‘Insurance Upto’.
click here – 5 Ways To Assess Online Product Management Courses Before Pursuing
3. Check through the Insurance Information Bureau: Alternatively, you may check the details of your bike insurance online by visiting the official website of the Insurance Information Bureau. For this you will need to follow these steps:
- Visit the IIB or Insurance Information Bureau website.
- Go to the ‘Quick Links’ section and then choose ‘V Seva’ option.
- You will see a form, where you must fill in your information.
- Enter the ‘Captcha’.
- Press the ‘Submit’ option.
- You will now see the bike insurance policy details bought by you and its expiry date.
If you know the expiry date of your bike insurance is approaching and you are clueless about how to renew it, worry not. Consider taking help from PayBima, the online portal backed by MIBL or Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd. Here you cannot just buy bike insurance online but renew them with utmost ease from anywhere in India. Remember it is very important to renew the bike insurance on time, else your policy will lapse and you will have to purchase a new one again. Renewing a lapsed policy on the other hand will incur you some penalty or fine. So, try the methods explained in this post to remind yourself of the expiry date of your bike insurance online.