What are the top benefits of studying textile design courses in 2023?
Textile Design is a discipline that is concerned with creation of design concepts, patterns, textures & styles in a range of hues & colours for woven, knitted, dyed or printed or embroidered fabrics for clothing, soft furnishings, Automotive & home furnishings etc. While conceptualising, Textile designers consider the insights gained from research with end customers, fashion trend, the way the fabric drapes while creating designs and intended use of textile since that will impact the choice of materials and the technique used for production. The primary objective of textile design is to develop visually appealing textiles that has multiple applications.
Benefits of studying Textile Design Courses:
Immense scope, hence attractive career prospects:
- By 2025-26, the Indian textile and apparel industry, which is globally the second-largest producer of textiles and garments, is projected to jump to US$ 190 billion.
- The textiles and apparel industry makes the following contribution to the economy of the country:
- It adds 2.3% to the country’s GDP
- It represents 13% of the industrial output
- It accounts for 12% of the total exports
- India holds 4% share in the global textiles and apparel trade.
- Since India is the leading producer of cotton globally, it is anticipated that 7.2 million tonnes (~43 million bales of 170 kg each) yield will come out of India by 2030.
Given the promising bright future, there is no doubt that Indian Textile & Apparel industry is anticipated to draw trained and skilled professionals in huge figures.
Improved creative abilities: Textile design course helps students in enhancing their artistic dexterity since they are in an environment filled with individuals who expresses themselves through art. The students will gain proficiency in textures, colours, patterns, along with range of designs and styles.
Industry Knowledge & Processes: Textile design course mentors students in the functional knowledge of latest techniques, technologies like CAD, AI, CLO 3D etc. & processes such as:
- Textile constructed using techniques like knitting, weaving & stitching etc.
- Textile designed for interiors or fashion using digital technology
- Textiles that integrate multiple materials & techniques
This understanding facilitate in not only creating intricate designs but also efficient use of resources, which thereby improves production efficiency.
Problem-solving abilities: Textile design course builds capabilities in students to think critically, face challenges, be resourceful and come up with solutions besides handling projects independently.
Research & Analysis: The course helps student gain an understanding of varied research techniques, ways to interpret & utilize insights on customer behaviour, different processes, materials used, modern & traditional techniques and fashion trends etc. Furthermore, it equips students with the capabilities to delve into the cultural impact on fashion and textiles, thereby assisting students in developing appreciation for different cultures.
Networking & Communication Skills: The curriculum mentors as well as polish student in presenting ideas, communicating clearly and effectively & negotiating efficiently & skilfully. The students gain proficiency in managing stakeholders and working with multiple teams from different departments thereby leading to successful completion of projects.
Multifaceted: The Textile design course develops wide range of skills in students enabling them to handle varied responsibilities, right from fabric design, to prototypes, to access commercial feasibility, to identifying the right technology and processes for production. Moreover the curriculum further encourages the students to drive innovations across industries like automobile upholstery manufacturing, medical supplies manufacturing, sports equipment manufacturing, Lifestyle product in interiors & fashion etc.