Today, people live in a period where social media, instant communication, and fast services are norms. Their lives are jam-packed with so much activity every day. Every day feels like they have so much to do, and if they don’t have a schedule, they are not doing life right. In all this busyness, they often become forgetful about regularly detailing day-to-day activities. One such task is routine maintenance of their daily usable homely equipment. Be it a kitchen oven, a vacuum cleaner, a fan, a vehicle, a laptop, or an air conditioner. There are so many machines and equipment near people that it has become almost impossible to live without them. These machines make their day-to-day life so convenient and worth living. But, they usually forget to keep a regular check on their maintenance. So here in this article, you will discover routine maintenance and the importance and requirement of routine maintenance in your daily life.
Routine Maintenance and Effects
Routine maintenance refers to any activity that helps you to maintain the working condition of any equipment, machine, or system. It is carried out consistently to identify and avoid the problems before they result in the ultimate failure of machines and equipment. Routine maintenance and cleaning habits need to be inculcated as a part of your day-to-day living. Very often than not, all these activities are usually carried out by working individuals on Sundays or holidays, while some others do them regularly. Some routine maintenance includes regular inspection or service work either by you or by other on-call professionals.
An Example – Ice in AC
For example, in summers, you usually need to monitor the air conditioning unit to confirm it is functioning well. Likewise, if your air conditioner is frozen, you can check its functioning at home by observing signs like checking the air filter to remove any dirt layer, checking for cleaning up of coils, checking for ice in the tube, etc. These small actions can help you avoid sparing extra bucks to a service provider if your air conditioner is frozen.
How to Maintain
Routine maintenance is a simple activity. It does not require specialized training, skill, or knowledge but a mere understanding of working of equipment and machinery. Some examples of routine maintenance include;
- Cleaning or adjusting day to day homely machinery,
- Replacement of damaged parts of machinery and equipment,
- Ensuring proper operation and functioning of equipment,
- Put some oil and lubricants to avoid rusting and smooth working of machines.
Advantages of routine maintenance of equipment and machinery
There are many advantages of performing routine maintenance at your home or office:
- Increased lifespan of equipment: Maintenance lengthens and decreases downtime with the help of regular checking and upkeep. It helps to increase the durability and productivity of machines.
- Better Condition: Regular maintenance helps office equipment in optimal condition for a longer duration. And as a result, you and your employees in the office also feel comfortable while working, which boosts productivity.
- Fewer frequent failures: With regular maintenance, one can avoid frequent failures and prevent additional expense by always keeping a pace over the working and usage of equipment.
- Safety and security: Regular examination and maintenance let you know the actual working condition of equipment and lets you know of any damaged part, which requires immediate replacement to avoid future mishappenings.
- Cost saving: It is better to repair your equipment when there is not much damage. If it progresses any further, you may have to spend more, or in some cases, buy a new one altogether.
Thus, routine maintenance is an easy-to-implement technique of improving the overall working and maintenance of office and home equipment. Having regular maintenance habits frees up the last moment’s restlessness or inconvenience