What is the full form of VIRUS
VIRUS: Vital Information Resources Under Seize
A computer virus is a computer program or a piece of code that is loaded onto your computer without your knowledge and run against your consent. Virus has a property to replicate itself and spread itself from one computer to another computer. It can affect the data files, boot sector of hard drive etc. when its replication succeeds. The affected area is said infected.
Viruses are human made programs generally write to access private information, corrupt data, to display political and humorous messages on the user’s screen. They insert themselves into host programs and spread on the execution of infected programs.
Computer viruses cause damage of billions of dollars worth every year. The majority of viruses target systems running Microsoft window. To counter with viruses, programmers created anti-virus programs.
click here – How to recover deleted Text Messages in Android and iOS
Harmful Effects of Computer Viruses
- Can corrupt your system file and slow down your computer system
- Can make some programs corrupt or faulty
- Can damage computer’s boot sector
- Can steal your computer’s information and send it to another person
- Can delete your complete hard drive
- Can display irrelevant and annoying messages on your computer screen
- Can change the power rating of your computer which may cause of blast
Types of Computer Viruses
This is a list of common types of computer viruses.
- Boot sector viruses
- Program viruses
- Multipartite viruses
- Stealth viruses
- Macro viruses
- Polymorphic viruses
- Active X viruses
- Browser hijacker
- Resident viruses
- File infector viruses
click here – 400+ Free business listing and directory submission sites list
List of malwares which are generally categorized as computer viruses:
- Computer Worms
- Trojan horse
- Spam virus